We all know that gritty detective work can involve long hours in a hot car. But the combination of the California sunshine and a nightly Retin A regime mean that I’ve had to get serious about sun protection while on surveillance. So I needed to find products that will work overtime, from sitting under the blazing sun on the freeway in the morning to giving me a glow for events and nights out. By the way I also layer sunscreen on my hands – I figure that it’s a better way to fight the signs of aging than fingerless gloves.
- Vaseline works as an eye makeup remover, lip gloss, and hair split end sealer
- Use a matchbook as a nail file
- Kool Aid or red Gatorade can turn into lip/cheek stain
- Hydrogen peroxide can be used as mouthwash in a pinch (just don’t swallow!)
- Olive oil doubles as face cream
- No ponytail holder? Try dental floss