- MEDICINE CABINET: Will you be pleasantly surprised by-extra large condoms or shocked by STD prescriptions? Players often stock multiple packs of toothbrushes.
- BATHROOM: Anyone can dust, but a shower free of mold and hair is a true sign of cleanliness.
- KITCHEN: Unless he’s a health nut, Splenda, fat-free yogurt and lots of salad could be red flags.
- UNDER THE BED: This is where people stash everything dirty before dates.
- CONTEXT: Feminine hygiene products or lipstick on dirty cups make sense if the guy has a female roommate or visitor.
From what he chooses as wall art to where he puts his workout equipment, a series of experts have explained what signs to look for when decoding single male decor. Interior designer Meg Caswell tells Glo that a bare mattress is an obvious bad sign in the bedroom, because it means that he’s rarely home and, more importantly, ‘sheets are never changed’. But the man living in a perfectly-styled apartment with a bed made so tightly that quarters would bounce ‘is probably the kind of guy who walks into a bar and can pinpoint the women he wants to go out with right away’.